Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back at it!

After a rough week and a half, I'm back at it and feeling good. Two eight mile efforts the last two days and although I can tell my fitness dropped a little and I am still sluggish from being sick, things are definitely on the upswing. My legs were feeling really springy and i couldnt help but add some hard efforts at the end of last nights session. Man, it feels good to run fast. Average HR 144, but I maxxed out during the heavy efforts at 190!
Ran another 2400 meter test and I'll post the results here tomorrow. The numbers were pretty good considering the context of the test. Thanks to Jamie for helping me keep things in perspective! Expect another old school result picture post.

Sent off my registration for the XTC Canada 10K trail race yesterday and I'm stoked to toe the line. September 6th is race day and Brian and I are heading back to pre ride/pre run the course on Monday. Last time we went it was rad and I can't wait to get back there again.

3 comments:

jameson said...

i'm stoked to hear you are getting back on track... taking it to the trails!

beth said...

that 10k race sounds awesome....can't wait to get up to canada to run someday.

by the way. the picture on the top of the blog with the kid is CLASSIC

beth said...

that 10k race sounds awesome....can't wait to get up to canada to run someday.

by the way. the picture on the top of the blog with the kid is CLASSIC