Friday, October 17, 2008

That's what I'm talking about! A post in three parts.

Part 1
Yesterday AM: Tired. Fatigued. Dark. Cold. Wet. Miserable. Slow. 8 miles.
Yesterday PM: Tired. Fatigued. Dark. Cold. Wet. A little less miserable. A little less slow. 8 miles.
Coincidence?

Part 2
Running in the rain last night I hit a pothole so deep that it sent about a litre of water up the front of my leg, onto my belly and into my face. I laughed and thought of this person's blog header picture. Funny how two people with a common goal from such different places can be connect through the internet. Technology is cool.

Part 3-Overheard from outside FatDad's bedroom.
"That's the spot"
*groans*
"Harder"
"Longer strokes"
"Slower"
*moans*
"Up a little"
"Yeah, that's it"
*groans*
Thanks Jamie. Calves never felt better. Best $30 I've ever spent! What did you think I was talking about?
Perverts.

1 comment:

beth said...

oh! you think all things are sunny over here, huh?
clearly you didn't see me in my headlamp, tights, long sleeves and kids gloves with glow in the dark skeleton design cursing the cold at 4:45 am and wanting to do anything but run this week.

you also didn't hear james say, "i've never seen you so down on training before"...
and i'm not even running as much as you!

BUT, i'll give you the wet/rain. i'm so not into sloshy.