Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sunday Long Run

A post race 20 miler was on tap for Sunday morning. Lucho wanted me to run the first hour between 140-145 BPM, take the average pace over that time and then hold that pace for the rest of the run even if my HR started to climb a little. Average pace for the first hour: ~8:35/mi.

I finished the 20 miles in 2:45 with an average pace of 8:17/mi. That's a five minute neg split between the first and second halves. I've attached the 20 mile totals and the mile splits for anyone who might be interested. HR was starting to creep up there towards the end but I still felt pretty good. I've got a 22 miler on tap for this weekend so I'll find out how good I feel after cracking the 20 mile barrier.










Lots of time listening to podcasts this week and two songs jumped out at me. The first is from a hip hop artist named Shad. The track is called 'Rock to it' and it blew me away. I'm not typically a hip hop 'fan' but this was pretty great: a simple beat and clever lyrics. Shad was nominated for the Polaris Prize this year and after hearing this I can see why. The song isn't up at MySpace so I'm not sure where to check it out.

The second was a song called 'Secret March' by a group called 'The Wet Secrets' (dirty name!). This song is up at MySpace so click the link to check it. Good beat, fantastic chorus!


No comments: