Friday, April 24, 2009

Sun Run Update

OK, so right off the bat: no front line pic. I'm about 7 rows back and you can see me in the aerial start shot but not the ground level one. And to tell it's me, you'll kinda have to have a circle around me. And and arrow to the circle. And squint. And put your face really close to the monitor. And have a good imagination. Whatever. It's still cool...




I'm in this one too. I'm the guy on the right in the long white nighty, er, T-shirt and blue gloves clapping at the wheelchair race. No wonder they asked to see my bib about 50 times as I was warming up.




Race results were decidedly non elite: 44:25. I had no juice and was struggling right from the get go. That afternoon and night I was super bummed about the result and couldn't believe I was suffering so bad after I race I ran so slowly. Then Monday night and a fever so bad I sweated through the mattress and left a puddle on the floor. Next night, slept with three towels: one under me, on on top of me and one at bedside so I could towel off what the other two didn't absorb.
Turns out I have strep throat and likely have for a while. Now the race makes a little more sense.

2 comments:

jameson said...

tough one dude! strep is not fun... and a i am sure running with strep is really not fun.

get well...

runninggunner said...

Take care of yourself man.

Also, what's with the excuses? Kidding.