Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jacked Up Back

Haven't even looked at my shoes for the last two days. My lower back has been totally tweaked. Hunched over, shooting pains down my legs tweaked. Went to chiro yesterday, two days shy of my regular monthly visit, and he moved things around down there but today it's still pretty stiff. I have another appointment tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

Brian thinks that volume since the marathon might be the culprit and without any other obvious reason as to whyI should suddenly be shuffling around like a retiree it seems as likely as anything else. I haven't increased my total weekly mileage all that much since the marathon but I have increased the number of days that I have been running per week.

I know that for me to have a shot at Boston in November I have to log miles and stay healthy. This set back is the first time that I have questioned whether or not my body would withstand the rigors of training. I need to check my head, it's going to bad places.

1 comment:

runninggunner said...

You've still got tons of time till race day. Take it easy and get the back better first.