Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 4 Day one

Skipped a beat yesterday with the post. Got the run in though. Four weeks in, lots going on, little things getting missed. Take some advice from the Black Keys and tighten up...
good run today, rainy and wet. Warm, no gloves, no sleeves on the coat.
Starting to tee up some races in my mind for 2012. The area of most opportunity for me on race day is mental toughness and late race fitness, which may be two sides of the same coin. With that in mind, and with a goal of taking a crack at sub 3 hours in August I have two races in mind to assist: a 50K trail run in April to help with the long fitness and Vancouver marathon in May where I had imagined running the first 20 easy and working on nutrition then running the last 6 at tempo - pace. fell like these two things, plus solid training and nutrition leading  up address the gaps in my game. at least those that can be addressed, unlike my weak ginger genetics!
thoughts and advice always encouraged.

No comments: